Spaghetti Squash Puttanesca with Uncle Jim’s Late Night Puttanesca
Quick to make
"> Gluten Free
- 1 Spaghetti Squash
- 1 Jar of La Famiglia DelGrosso Uncle Jim’s Late Night Puttanesca Sauce
- 1 lb Italian Sausage
- salt, pepper, granulated garlic or garlic powder, dried oregano and dried basil to taste
- Shredded parmesan and choppedfresh parsley to garnish
For vegetarian preparation, eliminate sausage. If you do not eat pork, you can substitute chicken sausage or turkey sausage.
- Cut spaghetti squash in half lengthwise, remove the seeds, and season with salt, pepper, granulated garlic or garlic powder, dried oregano and dried basil.
- Place 1/2 inch of water in bottom of baking dish, turn spaghetti squash upside down so flesh is face down in the water, cover dish with foil and bake at 400 degrees for 45 minutes.
- While squash is baking, cook the sausage according to package directions.
- When sausage is cooked thoroughly, remove from heat and slice on an angle into one inch pieces.
- Heat puttanesca sauce on stove.
- When spaghetti squash is cooked until soft, remove from oven and cool. Using a fork, shred squash from top to bottom removing all the flesh. It will have the appearance of spaghetti.
- Place spaghetti squash in a serving bowl, add sauce and sausage and stir through.
- Top with shredded parmesan cheese and fresh parsley.