Shrimp Fra Diavlo with Uncle Fred’s Fireworks Sauce
• 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
• 2 Tbsp olive oil
• 1 tsp salt
• 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
• ½ cup dry white wine
• 1 cup La Famiglia DelGrosso Uncle Fred’s Fireworks Sauce
• Fresh basil and parsley for garnish
Shrimp Fra Diavlo translates to “brother devil” and is the name of a variety of spicy sauces most commonly served over seafood. For a less spicy dish, use marinara sauce or reduce amount of crushed red pepper flakes by half.
• Season shrimp with salt and crushed red pepper flakes.
• Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
• Sauté shrimp in oil. Toss, and cook until pink. Transfer shrimp to a plate.
• Add wine and deglaze the pan. Simmer for one minute.
• Add Fireworks Sauce to the skillet. Stir, then add shrimp.
• Simmer for two minutes.
• Garnish with fresh basil and parsley and serve.