Pulled Pork Sliders with Joe Joe’s Sloppy Joe Sauce
3 pounds pork loin
¼ cup pork rub seasoning
5 cups shredded cabbage
4 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
1 Tbsp coarse ground mustard
1 Tbsp honey
¼ tsp celery salt
- salt and pepper to taste
1 jar La Famiglia DelGrosso Joe Joe’s Sloppy Joe Sauce
16 slider rolls
• Pork loin is a leaner meat than other cuts. If you would like a fattier pork with more flavor, use Boston butt or shoulder. For added flavor, roast the pork with beer instead of water. For a creamier coleslaw use a mayonnaise dressing or chipotle ranch dressing.
• Place the pork loin in a roasting pan.
• Season the pork loin generously with your favorite pork rub seasoning and massage into the meat on all sides.
• Fill the pan with water until it reaches half way up the pork loin.
• Cover the pan with foil and roast at 350 degrees for approximately 1 ½ to 2 hours until no longer pink or the internal temperature of the meat reaches 170 degrees.
• Remove from oven and set aside for about 30 minutes covered.
• Shred the pork using two forks and place in a small pot.
• Add one jar of Joe Joe’s Sloppy Joe sauce to the pork, mix through, and simmer for 20 minutes.
• In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, vinegar, mustard, honey, celery salt, salt and pepper and pour over shredded cabbage. Set coleslaw aside until pork is done.
• Place pork on slider rolls and top with coleslaw.