Pasta Risottata with Aunt Mary Ann’s Sunday Marinara
• 3 cups chicken broth
• 1 cup sweet onion, chopped
• 2 Tbsp olive oil
• 8 oz penne pasta, uncooked
• ½ cup dry white wine
• 1 ½ cups La Famiglia DelGrosso Aunt Mary Ann's Sunday Marinara Sauce
• ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
• salt and pepper to taste
Pasta Risottata is a dish prepared using the cooking method for risotto instead of boiling water. This technique allows the pasta to be infused with the flavors of the onions, wine, and chicken broth.
• Heat chicken broth in small pot on medium-low heat.
• In a large skillet, sauté onions in olive oil over medium heat. Season with salt and pepper.
• Add pasta and stir through until pasta is glossy and coated with oil. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
• Add wine and stir through. Cook for 2 minutes until wine is evaporated.
• Ladle one cup of chicken broth into the skillet, stirring and cooking until most of the broth is evaporated. Repeat this step with remaining two cups of broth.
• When the pasta reaches al dente (firm to the bite), add the marinara sauce. Stir and cook for 1-2 minutes until heated through.
• Add Parmesan cheese and serve.