Deep Dish Lasagna with Aunt Mary Ann’s Sunday Marinara
- 1 lb. ground chuck
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (26 oz) jar Aunt Mary Ann¹s Sunday Marinara
- 8 lasagna noodles cooked and drained
- 2 lbs. whole milk ricotta cheese
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan or Pecorino Romano Cheese
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet, brown ground chuck seasoned with salt and pepper.
- Drain off excess fat. Combine Aunt Mary Ann¹s Sunday Marinara.
- Simmer for 1/2 hour. In medium bowl, mix together ricotta cheese, 1/3 cup grated cheese, eggs, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Cover bottom of a 9² 13² baking dish with 1 cup sauce mixture, place 4 lasagna noodles on top of sauce mixture (noodles may overlap), spread half of ricotta mixture over noodles, cover with 1 cup mozzarella and sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Repeat process above for second layer.
- Cover and bake at 325 degrees for 1-1/2 to 2 hours until top layer has a spongy texture.
- Remove from oven and let stand 1/2 hour before cutting.
- Serve with remaining heated sauce mixture.