Chicken Florentine with Aunt Linda’s Classic Alfredo Sauce
• 2 cups penne pasta, uncooked
• 2 Tbsp olive oil
• 1 pound chicken breasts
• ½ cup dry white wine
• 2-3 garlic cloves, pressed
• 2 cups grape tomatoes, sliced in half
• 1 jar Aunt Linda’s Classic Alfredo Sauce
• 3 cups baby spinach
• 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
• salt, pepper, and granulated garlic to taste
Add mushrooms for a variety of color and flavor. If you prefer a thinner sauce, add a small amount of hot pasta water to the alfredo sauce.
• Cook pasta in a pot of salted, boiling water. Drain and set aside.
• Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high high.
• Season chicken with salt, pepper, and granulated garlic and cook until no longer pink.
• Transfer chicken to cutting board, allow to cool, and slice into strips.
• Add wine to deglaze the pan, using a spoon to scrape the bits of chicken from the pan.
• Season tomatoes with salt and pepper, then add garlic and tomatoes to the pan and cook for two minutes.
• Add Alfredo sauce and lower the heat to a simmer. Stir through and simmer for two minutes.
• Add spinach, cooked pasta, and sliced chicken to the pan and mix through. Cook until spinach is wilted then serve immediately while sauce is creamy and hot. Garnish with fresh parsley.