Chicken Alfredo Pizza with Aunt Linda’s Classic Alfredo Sauce
- 1 12 inch pizza crust
- 5 Tbsp canola oil, divided
- 8 Ounces chicken breast
- 1 Red bell pepper
- ½ Sweet onion
- 1 Cup Aunt Linda’s Classic Alfredo Sauce
- 8 Ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 Tbsp balsamic glaze
- ½ Cup arugula, chopped
- Montreal steak seasoning to taste
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
You can buy dough and roll your own crust, but for a shortcut, buy ready-made pizza crust such as Boboli brand. Balsamic glaze is balsamic vinegar that has been reduced, therefore is thicker and sweeter. It can be found in stores with the balsamic vinegars. Add other vegetables to the pizza such as mushrooms or tomatoes. Spinach or fresh basil can be substituted for arugula.
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Season chicken with Montreal steak seasoning. Heat 2 Tbsp of oil in a sauté pan and cook chicken until cooked through.
- While chicken is cooking, slice red pepper into strips. Season with salt and pepper, drizzle with 1 Tbsp oil, and roast in oven at 450 degrees for 10-15 minutes until they start to turn black. Turn half way through.
- Slice onion into thin strips. Heat 2 Tbsp of oil in a sauté pan. Cook onions until they are caramelized. Drizzle balsamic glaze over onions and cook for one more minute. Remove and set aside.
- When peppers are finished roasting, remove from oven, let cool, and cut strips in half.
- Spoon Alfredo sauce over the pizza crust, spreading evenly to the edge of the crust.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over the Alfredo sauce.
- Slice chicken into pieces approximately 1 inch long.
- Add caramelized onions, peppers, and chicken on top of the cheese.
- Bake pizza according to package directions for the crust. (typically 450 degrees for 10 minutes)
- Remove pizza from oven. Drizzle balsamic glaze over the pizza and finish with chopped arugula.
- Season with freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Let cool, cut into eight slices, and serve.