Deviled Eggs with Joe Joe’s Sloppy Joe Sauce
Quick to make
"> Gluten Free
1 dozen eggs
¼ cup mayonnaise
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 Tbsp La Famiglia DelGrosso Joe Joe’s Sloppy Joe Sauce
2 tsp freshly squeezed lime juice
¾ tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
4 slices cooked bacon, chopped
fresh chives for garnish, chopped
If you do not have a pastry bag for piping, you can place the mixture into a small zip lock bag, cut a small hole in one corner, and squeeze the ingredients out. Try a variety of toppings such as crumbled blue cheese, smoked salmon, capers, olives, or chopped pickles. Experiment with different garnishes such as fresh dill, chives, or chopped green onion.
- Place eggs in a saucepan in a single layer and cover with cold water. Heat on high until water boils. Remove from heat and let covered for 9 minutes.
- Transfer eggs to an ice bath for 5 minutes.
- Crack eggs and peel, then gently dry with a paper towel.
- Slice the eggs in half lengthwise, remove the yolks and transfer to a medium bowl.
- Place the sliced white eggs on a platter and set aside.
- Mash the egg yolks using a fork until they are a crumbly consistency.
- Add mayonnaise, mustard, sloppy joe sauce, and lime juice. Mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper and mix through.
- Pipe mixture into the eggs and garnish with crumbled bacon and chopped chives.