BBQ Chicken French Bread Pizza with Joe Joe’s Sloppy Joe Sauce
1 French baguette
1 cup La Famiglia DelGrosso Joe Joe’s Sloppy Joe Sauce
3 Tbsp olive oil, divided
2 pieces boneless, skinless chicken breasts
½ large sweet onion, sliced thin
1 ¾ cups Colby Jack cheese, shredded
Montreal steak seasoning to taste
Balsamic glaze to taste
The amount of chicken you need should equal approximately 1 ½ cups when sliced. Experiment with different cheeses such as mozzarella, cheddar, or crumbled blue cheese. Pizzas can be made ahead and stored in the refrigerator until ready to bake.
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Heat 2 Tbsp of olive oil in medium skillet. Season chicken with Montreal steak seasoning and cook until no longer pink. Let cool then slice into small strips.
- Heat 1 Tbsp of olive oil in small skillet and sauté onions until caramelized.
- Slice baguette into three pieces, then slice open each piece to make six pieces total.
- Spoon sloppy joe sauce onto each piece of bread.
- Top with shredded cheese, chicken, and onions, then finish with more cheese on the top.
- Bake on a tray for 10-12 minutes until cheese is bubbly and golden brown.
- Remove from oven. Slice each piece into smaller pieces.
- Place pizza slices on a serving platter and drizzle with balsamic glaze.