Stuffed Pepper Appetizer with Uncle Joe’s Vodka Celebration
Quick to make
10 medium / large mild or hot banana peppers
8 oz. whole milk ricotta cheese
1 lb. hot or sweet Italian sausage, loose
1 (26 oz.) jar Uncle Joe’s Vodka Celebration
3 tablespoons olive oil
5-6 thin slices of Asiago cheese
• Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
• Clean and core peppers.
• Slit peppers lengthwise, about 3/4 of the way down in order to form a small pocket in the pepper.
• In a mixing bowl, add ricotta and raw sausage and mix thoroughly by hand.
• Stuff peppers with ricotta and sausage mixture.
• Use the olive oil to coat the bottom of a 13” x 19” baking pan then place stuffed peppers in pan, meat side up.
• Place peppers in preheated oven and bake for 45 minutes.
• Remove peppers from oven and add 1 jar of Uncle Joe’s Vodka Celebration sauce.
• Place peppers back in oven and bake for an additional 45 minutes.
• Add Asiago cheese on top of peppers and bake an additional 5 - 10 minutes until cheese is melted.
• Remove from oven and let stand for approximately 5 - 10 minutes to set before serving.