Spicy Zucchini Noodles with Uncle Fred’s Fireworks Sauce
Quick to make
• 4 cups zucchini noodles (See notes below)
• 1/3 cup red bell pepper, chopped
• 1/3 cup orange bell pepper, chopped
• 1/3 cup yellow bell pepper, chopped
• 2-3 cloves garlic, chopped or pressed
• 2 Tbsp canola oil, divided
• 1 cup La Famiglia DelGrosso Uncle Fred’s Fireworks Sauce
• Salt and pepper to taste
• Crushed red pepper flakes to taste
Many stores now carry packaged zucchini noodles in the produce section with precut vegetables. If using whole zucchini, you can put them in a spiralizer to make the noodles, or julienne slice the zucchini to make thin strips. To make this dish even spicier, use hot peppers instead of sweet. To make this dish less spicy, eliminate the red pepper flakes and use a marinara sauce. Zucchini noodles are often referred to as zoodles.
• Heat 1 Tbsp oil in large sauté pan on medium heat.
• Sauté zucchini noodles until they are soft. Season with salt and pepper. The last minute of sautéing, add 1-2 cloves of garlic and stir through.
• In separate pan, heat 1 Tbsp oil and sauté red, orange, and yellow bell peppers until soft and caramelized. • • • Season with salt and pepper. The last minute of sautéing, add the rest of the garlic and stir through.
• In small pot heat Uncle Fred’s Fireworks Sauce on medium/low heat.
• Serve zucchini noodles on a plate or in a bowl, add sauce, then top with chopped peppers.